Health & Sanitation
Of all the activities, the most challenging job of SMC is to provide city dwellers a healthy and clean city. For this, at the organisational level, the Safai Karmacharis have been goaded, guarded & guided on daily basis during Municipal Commissioner’s ward visit. The timely lifting of garbage is ensured.
With an objective to provide better sanitation service to it’s citizens SMC has privatized Sanitation /Cleaning service in some wards out of 41 wards.
- Segregation of Wastes at the Source of Generation.
- House – to-house collection of Wastes.
- Cleaning of roads.
- Night cleaning on busy and important roads, market areas etc.
- Transportation of wastes from different areas up to the selected disposal site.
- Collection of wastes from a particular area/lane in a fixed time through wheel barrows/pedal bicycles etc.
- Non-retention of wastes in a particular place for more than 24 hours.