Health & Sanitation
Of all the activities, the most challenging job of SMC is to provide city dwellers a healthy and clean city. For this, at the organisational level, the Safai Karmacharis have been goaded, guarded & guided on daily basis during Municipal Commissioner’s ward visit. The timely lifting of garbage is ensured.
. With an objective to provide better sanitation service to it’s citizens SMC has privatized Sanitation /Cleaning service in some wards out of 41 wards.
- Segregation of Wastes at the Source of Generation.
- House – to-house collection of Wastes.
- Cleaning of roads.
- Night cleaning on busy and important roads, market areas etc.
- Transportation of wastes from different areas up to the selected disposal site.
- Collection of wastes from a particular area/lane in a fixed time through wheel barrows/pedal bicycles etc.
- Non-retention of wastes in a particular place for more than 24 hours.